When you are driving along and realize that your car needs gas, the last thing that you want to have to deal with is being over charged at the pump. We have been fortunate that gas prices have been lower … Continue reading →
When you are driving along and realize that your car needs gas, the last thing that you want to have to deal with is being over charged at the pump. We have been fortunate that gas prices have been lower in recent history, but now they are starting to climb again, which is costing car owners more each time they have to visit the pump. Even though gas prices tend to rise and fall in an area all at the same time, there always seems to be a few gas stations that manage to keep their prices a little lower than all of their surrounding competitors. If you are looking for a gas station in your home town, then it can be easy to figure out which gas stations are typically on the less expensive side of the spectrum. However, if you are not in your regular neighborhood and you are quickly in need of some refueling, then you want an easy to way track down a gas station near you that is not going to make you feel like you are being ripped off.
There are a couple of ways that you can locate and complete price checks the surround gas stations in a particular area in order to help you to save money. The first way is by using your smart phone. Your smart phone is a great resource when it comes to finding a convenience store or gas station. Apps like Gas Buddy, or Gas Guru are both excellent methods for finding the prices for all of the gas stations that surround you. They can be especially helpful when you are travelling because you do not have to know your zip code for that area that you are in. Instead you would turn on your location services and the app will automatically detect your location and display all of the gas stations and their current prices that are nearby. The only draw back to these kinds of apps are that most of them are updated by other users, so sometimes they may not have the most current pricing. If you decide to use an app like Gas Buddy, make sure that you are giving back to the community by updating the gas prices that are listed on them each time you visit a gas station.
Another handy method for finding affordable gas is through your navigation apps. Apps like Google Maps or Waze or even MapQuest can all display gas prices occasionally. Like the apps listed above that are specific to gas prices only, these numbers are often contributed by other users. The more widely used an app, the more frequently it is going to be updated and therefore the more accurate it will be. Popular apps like Waze are typically full of other users that are keeping everything up to date, and sometimes can be a little more reliable. Also remember that if you drive to a gas station that is 20 miles out of your way for gas that is only 2 cents cheaper, you are forfeiting the savings.
We all hate being kept in the dark about something. Whether is it something fun like trying to figure out how a magician managed to pull off a certain trick, or if it is something serious like a missing person … Continue reading →
We all hate being kept in the dark about something. Whether is it something fun like trying to figure out how a magician managed to pull off a certain trick, or if it is something serious like a missing person case, every person craves the inside scoop. When you want information and you do not know how you can possibly get it, that is where you should consider hiring a private detective. Private detectives make finding the information you want their job, so even if you feel like you have potentially exhausted all avenues for information, there are likely still a few stones that have been left unturned that only a private eye would think to check. They also have access to resources and data bases that a regular person may not have access to. So if you are in search of answers, call a local private eye to see how they can help you! Here are just a few of the different types of services that a private eye can offer to you:
- Infidelity investigations – If you think your partner may be cheating on you, then you deserve to know the truth! A professional PI service can get that information for you discretely so that you can find out the truth.
- Surveillance Investigations – conducting a surveillance investigation is not as easy as it looks in the movies, but a professional investigator is someone that can track the movements of another person with ease. They also do more than simply follow someone around in their car like you see in old school detective movies; they have access to the latest technology so that they can follow someone’s electronic footsteps as well.
- Find a missing person – there are many reasons that people try to locate a missing person. It might be a person that they need to serve papers to for a court case, or perhaps a runaway that is a young adult, or there are even people that employ the use of a private investigator when they are the child of an adoption and they would like some assistance in tracking down their birth parents. No matter what the reason may be, if someone is lost to you and you want to find them, a private investigator can help accomplish this and find them for you.
- Background check ups – It is an unfortunate truth that there are a lot of unsavory and dishonest people out there. It is important to protect yourself against people with malicious intentions. A background check can look at multiple things such as their criminal record and past addresses. A PI service can look into their past for you and make sure that the person that you are about to trust with your money or your property is a worthy of that trust.
- As a member of a legal team – if you have an ongoing legal battle in front of you, a PI service will make a great member of that team. They can help you to unearth the facts.
Closed loop extraction systems are by far the safest way to extract concentrates from marijuana plants. When you are working with cannabis extraction methods that involve solvents such as butane, then you want to be a responsible extractor by making … Continue reading →
Closed loop extraction systems are by far the safest way to extract concentrates from marijuana plants. When you are working with cannabis extraction methods that involve solvents such as butane, then you want to be a responsible extractor by making sure that you are not putting yourself at risk when working with dangerous chemicals. Butane in particular is dangerous because it is toxic to the body if ingested and it has a high risk of fire or even explosion if the conditions are right for it. Closed loop extraction has been used for years in industries where essential oils are needed to be created. For example, in perfumes and beauty products or even in food additives, closed loop extractors are used to safely create the essential oils that are vital components of the ingredients.
When it comes to cannabis extraction, closed loop extractor systems are the preferred method for two reasons: first, it saves the company time and money because the solvents can be used again once extraction is complete, and second, it is a much safer method when dealing with explosive materials because it is in airtight system that traps all of the solvent inside and it can not seep out or leak out.
The process of executing a closed loop extraction system can be a little overwhelming at first because it does consist of a lot of different parts, but once you have everything set up and operational it is fairly straightforward. It is important to point out that these types of cannabis extraction systems are intended to be used by a professional and requires skill and knowledge of how to operate pressure valves, and maintain steady temperatures. The main idea behind a closed loop extractor is that contains a large tank that holds the solvents that is connected to an equally large tube. There is also a recovery tank, a scale to measure the weight of the recovery tank and pumps to make the whole process work. Specifically when making butane hash oil, you will also need a vacuum oven. The vacuum oven is your final step of the extraction process and it is the cleansing step. It takes your final product and it frees ti from any kinds of remaining solvent that may still be clinging to it as well as any kind of remaining particulate matter. This is also known as the purging process.
While the closed loop extraction system is preferred because it is a safer method for cannabis extraction, it is also important to understand the difference between safer and safe. Working with explosive materials in any capacity is never going to be considered a safe activity, and it is important never to lose sight of that when you are making butane hash oil or any other concentrate that involves flammable substances. You should regularly inspect all of the components of a closed loop extraction system to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order so that you can prevent leaks that could lead to an explosion.
Car leasing offers freedom and flexibility to people that want a new car, but do not want to jump through all the hoops that it will take to get them one. When you decide to lease instead of buy a … Continue reading →
Car leasing offers freedom and flexibility to people that want a new car, but do not want to jump through all the hoops that it will take to get them one. When you decide to lease instead of buy a vehicle, then you get access to newer cars and trucks with low milage and all of the bells and whistles that go along with a newer model. However, you do not have to put down large down payments or get financing since you only need to put a small amount of money up front. Car leasing is still a mystery to many people that have only ever purchased from a car buying service in the past, so there are many first time mistakes that people make when they set out to lease their first car. Here are the most common car leasing mistakes that are made so that you can be sure to look out for them and to avoid them:
1. Do not pay too much for your initial down payment. Since we are all used to the process of purchasing a car, we often think that it is normal to make large down payments for a vehicle. However, it is vitally important that you remember that the down payment you make towards a car that you are buying is going towards the total cost of the car. When you make a down payment on a car that you plan to lease, it may not affect your monthly payments at all, and you are not making payments towards the bottom line, so you end up making a larger payment for nothing. Some car and truck leasing services will try to entice you to put down a larger amount of money in exchange for lower monthly payments, but this is not actually a better deal for you as it is for them. If you are leasing a car that ends up getting stolen or you have a big accident in it, then the car insurance company will reimburse the car leasing service, but none of that money goes to you. So if you have made a large down payment and total the car two month later, you likely have not gotten your monies worth. Smart Auto Leasing in Dallas suggests that you do not make a down payment of more than $2000 when leasing a truck.
2. The second most common mistake of leasing a car is not investing in gap insurance. When you sign a lease, you are agreeing to pay a specific total amount for the vehicle spread out over the leasing period. If something were to happen to your leased vehicle and the car insurance company only covers up to a certain amount, the gap insurance will cover the rest. Without this insurance, you would have to pay the difference out of your own pocket. This leaves you vulnerable with leasing a new car, so make sure that you only ever lease when you have gap insurance in place to protect you.
It is common knowledge that in order to maintain a perfect and healthy smile, you will need to make sure that you are going to see your dentist regularly. A dentist is a medical professional that helps keep your teeth … Continue reading →
It is common knowledge that in order to maintain a perfect and healthy smile, you will need to make sure that you are going to see your dentist regularly. A dentist is a medical professional that helps keep your teeth and gums healthy. They do this through prevention treatments that help clear away plaque build up from the teeth and the gums as well as through the process of diagnosing and treating dental disease. There are many reasons that you should be making regular appointments to see your dentist, but with the help of the Wohrman Dental Group, we have outlined the most important ones below:
1. Keep your gums healthy. There is often so much emphasis on keeping our teeth heathy that sometimes we forget that we should also be paying attention to our gums. That means that we should be flossing regularly and making sure that when we brush our teeth that we angle the brush downwards so that the bristles of the brush get into the area right where the gums and the teeth meet. When you visit your regular dentist, they check the gums for their overall health by looking that the color and density of the gums. They can also catch gum disease by looking at issues such as tenderness and bleeding of the gums.
2. Tooth extractions. No matter whether you are young or old, you are never free from the potential of a dental extraction. A tooth can be pulled if there is too much crowding in the mouth and it is causing the teeth to turn sideways in order to accommodate all of them. A dental extraction might also be recommended if a tooth is filled with decay and it is not a candidate for a filling. Other times, a tooth may start to come apart because most of the tooth is a filling and it simply is not able to keep itself together. Depending on the situation, most dental extractions can be done by your regular dentist. Exceptions to this might be if you are removing your wisdom teeth which often require anesthesia, or if you have an accident and you are in need of an emergency extraction.
3. Keep your smile looking white. A dentist can help keep your teeth looking pearly white in a number of ways. First, they can help by giving your prescription toothpaste and mouth wash that is aimed at reviving the color of your teeth. They can also give you prescription strength whitening kits that allow you to brighten your smile more effectively at home. If you have some teeth that have yellowed past the point where they can be brought back again, they can also assist you by applying veneers to the outside of your teeth. Veneers are just a thin shell made out of porcelain that are applied just to the outside of the tooth. This makes the tooth look white and also strengthens it by making it less likely to chip or stain when you eat or drink.
If you ask any resident of Colorado, they will tell you that it is one of the most beautiful places to live in the country. The ever changing weather conditions are part of the charm of a Colorado Life, but … Continue reading →
If you ask any resident of Colorado, they will tell you that it is one of the most beautiful places to live in the country. The ever changing weather conditions are part of the charm of a Colorado Life, but they can also wreak havoc on your poor home’s roofing. It is not uncommon to drive down a residential street in Denver in the late summer and see that four out of five houses are undergoing roof repairs or roof replacements because of a recent hail storm. In fact, many of the hail storms that Colorado experiences yearly will mean that many residents will have to have roof repair work down well before the standard life of their roof starts to run out. If you are reading this and you can not remember the last time that you had a roofer out to evaluate the condition of the roof on your home, then you likely have some damaged areas that are in need of attention.
Hail damage is the most common reason for roof repair work, at least in colorado. If you are not sure whether or not your roof has sustained any damage from the weather in the last year or so, the best way to find out is to either hire a roofer to come to you home to do a roof inspection, or if you are able to, get up on your roof yourself and look for any signs of hail damage. The good news about hail damage is that it is often easy to repair on your own if it is not widespread. The most common roof shingle in this area are asphalt shingles, which are pretty easy to spot hail damage on. Hail damage is going to look like a darker area on the shingle. Think of it like a bruise: it will be slightly discolored and of a roundish shape. If you push on the area it may even give in a little compared to the shingles around it. A ball of hail that hits your roof at the right speed and angle can also cause a roof shingle to crack or rip, especially if the roof is on the older side. Missing shingles as well as ripped ones should be replaced with new shingles. You can do this yourself if you have extra shingles lying around from your last roof replacement, or you can have your roofer do it for you.
If your roof was hit with a good sized hail storm, then it is likely that you will see a scattering of hail marks on your roofing. You can mark each one with a piece of tape to make sure that you replace all of the effected shingles, but if you feel like the hail damage is covering more than 50% of your roof, it may save you more time and money to have a professional come out and replace the entire roof. The roof may be old and in need of replacement already if most of it has become effected by a hail storm.
In Colorado we see a lot of snow in the winter and a lot of hail storms in the summer. This can cause hail damage to the outside of the house, especially the windows and siding, and can require new … Continue reading →
In Colorado we see a lot of snow in the winter and a lot of hail storms in the summer. This can cause hail damage to the outside of the house, especially the windows and siding, and can require new or replacement siding for your home. New siding can help give your home a facelift and increase its curb appeal, plus it helps you to protect the insulation that is tucked away under the siding and also keep your home well insulated. The best siding can even contribute to you making your home more energy efficient.
When it comes to siding installation, many experienced homeowners ask about the potential for them to save a few dollars by installing the new siding themselves instead of hiring a siding company to do it for them. Will all of the work and added costs that go along with a DIY project such as a window replacement or a siding installation, the cost for a poorly installed final products can be steep. A person should only ever attempt a siding installation when they have experience in that type of work, and there are a few things that you should know about this kind of project before you decide to do it yourself.
If you decide to install your siding yourself, then the first thing that you need to know is that it will likely take you longer to do the project on your own than if you decide to hire a professional. If you do it right the first time, then chances are good that you will also end up saving a little money since you are not paying the costs of labor on the work. You just have to decide what your time is worth, and which one is more valuable to you (time or money.)
Other than saving money, there are other benefits to trying to do a job like this yourself. The cost savings can be pretty steep if you only have a small bit of siding that you need to replace and that section does not involve working around a window, the eves, soffits and fascia, or other openings like doors. If it is a simple and straightforward repair, then it is likely something that a handyman with some experience can do easily and cheaply. You can also complete the work at your own pace and around your own schedule, so it does not have to interrupt your whole life during the construction.
There are also some drawbacks to attempting to do a project like this on your own. The most important one is that you could do it wrong and then end up spending twice as much getting the work fixed by a professional. A job like this also required special toole for fitting and installing the siding, and sometimes cutting it. If you do not already have these tools then you will have to acquire them first and that can add substantially to the cost of the home project.
When you are on a long road trip, the best advice you can receive in order to keep your trip a fun and low stress experience is to plan out your gas station stops ahead of time. By knowing exactly … Continue reading →
When you are on a long road trip, the best advice you can receive in order to keep your trip a fun and low stress experience is to plan out your gas station stops ahead of time. By knowing exactly where you are going to stop along your journey, you alleviate the stress of watching that gas light come on and having to frantically search for a place to fuel up at the last second. If you are traveling along a major highway route, then the different gas station options are going to be numerous, but when you wait until the last second to find one, then the chances are high that you will end up having to settle for a gas station that has high prices and limited selection.
On a road trip, visiting fun and interesting gas stations is part of the fun. You can find places that give you room to stretch your legs, fuel up, buy a meal and even peruse the different gifts and souvenirs that are available. If you are like us, then you likely purchase a t-shirt or refrigerator magnet in order to commemorate the experience or to give to a friend or family member that was not able to join you. A quality convenience store is going to have a little bit of everything so that you do not have to hunt around for another shop after you have finished getting your gas.
By planning out your gas stops ahead of time, you can also end up saving yourself some money. You can use apps like Gas Buddy that will allow you to look up the different gas prices in your area or along your route. That way when your gas tank starts to get low you can make an informed decision about whether or not you want to stop at a gas station immediately or if you want to wait another ten miles for one that is decidedly cheaper.
If Gas Buddy is not your thing, you can also use Google Maps to look up gas stations in a particular area. Google maps has the added benefit of allowing consumers to post reviews about the different convenience stores, so you can benefit from the experience of others. If you are looking for a gas station that also hosts a good convenience store or a drive through for you to get some decent food from, then you can check to see that other people have to say about the quality of the food at a certain place and then make your decision from there.
As you can see, there are a lot of options available to you to help you find the right gas station at the right price along your travel route. It might take a little more effort and research ahead of time, but then it allows you to sit back and just enjoy the rest of your trip. You can save money and still enjoy yourself while you are on the road.
When the weather starts to turn in the fall and winter months and temperatures start to drop, that is the worst possible time to discover that your heating system is in need of repair. The winter months are some of … Continue reading →
When the weather starts to turn in the fall and winter months and temperatures start to drop, that is the worst possible time to discover that your heating system is in need of repair. The winter months are some of the busiest times for heating repair companies, so you really do not want to have to wait for several days for your repair company to make their way to you while your house slowly becomes an ice sickle. Fortunately, there are several issues that involve your heating system that can be troubleshooted and repaired on your own.
First of all, let’s talk about maintenance of your heating and air conditioning systems. Most issues that end up needing a professional repair company could have been prevented with a little more knowledge and maintenance on the part of the homeowner. Knowing how your furnace works is an important part of keeping it running and noticing if there is an issue. Dirty filters, pilot control problems, a thermostat that is not working correctly, a blower that is constantly running with no break or nosies that are abnormal, such as rumbling, squeaking, scratching or any other noises are all signs that there is an issue with your furnace, or that one will be coming up soon if it is not addressed. If you start to notice issues with your heat such as the heater not turning on or not pumping out adequate heat, then you should take the following steps:
- Check the air filters and replace them if they are dirty. The air filters in your furnace should be changed out about once per month. Failure to do this could cause a whole myriad of problems with your heating system. If you are unsure about exactly how you should be changing the filters or which ones you should be buying, talk to your heating and cooling company and they can walk you through it.
- If your furnaces does not seem like it is adequately heating your home, then first check the system and make sure that the pilot light is lit. If it is, then check the thermostat itself. It could be that the batteries are low in the thermostat or that it needs to be replaced.
- If the heater is not turning on at all, then you likely have some kind of electrical or power issue. Check your circuit breaker to make sure that there are not any issues with blown fuses. If the fuses are working and the furnace is getting power, then check the shutoff switch. All furnaces should have a shut off switch located on the wall closest to it, and it can be easy for a child to run by and accidentally turn it off. Make sure that switch is on and that the fan switch is on. The fan switch is located on the furnace and typically will have a setting that says auto on and on. Most furnaces are left on auto on so that the fan will come on as needed. This is also a great way to check to see if electricity is getting to the furnace by testing the fan.
Precision machining is an important part of our modern life. Many of the tiny intricate parts that make up items that we use every day in our home come from precision machining. Parts that come from precision machine shops can … Continue reading →
Precision machining is an important part of our modern life. Many of the tiny intricate parts that make up items that we use every day in our home come from precision machining. Parts that come from precision machine shops can be both large and small. Things like medical tools, parts used in auto mechanic’s shops and airline engine equipment all come from precision machining. With so many important pieces coming from this type of manufacturing, it is important that you are bringing your business to a quality shop that will make the parts that you desire with the highest quality and care, no matter the size of the job. Here are a few tips to help you select a precision machine shop in your area. A good shop will always do the following:
The shop will provide you with examples of their prior work: A good precision machine shop should not only be will to offer these example to you, but they should be proud to show off their past work to you. Most precision machine shops will even have examples of their work on permanent display in their office.
They are ISO certified: when a company is ISO Certified, that means that they have gone through the motions to make sure that they are recognized as a company that meets all of the quality standards required for precision machining work. This kind of certification is a great boost to the credibility of a company. When they have this kind of certification, it means that they will periodically undergo random and routine audits where a third party will come into their business space and confirm that a company is still upholding the required standards for ISO certification. This helps to ensure the once a company has achieved ISO certification, they will still continue to operate under the highest quality. That is why an ISO certified company is so desirable.
They have a clean and safe work environment. When a company is working with precision machining, that means that they are constantly working with metal and potentially dangerous machinery. A clean working space that is free of clutter is vital to the safety of the workers, as well as to the quality of the product that they are putting out.
The turnaround time on phone calls and emails is prompt. If you are feeling ignored or you continue to get a different answer to a question every time that you ask it, then you may want to seek out a different business. Precision machining is a business just like any other, and if you feel like you have to tiptoe around the business then you are not being treated like a client.
They can save you money. Typically a shop will only order the amount of materials that are needed in order to complete a confirmed job. If you are looking for ways to lower the price point on your order, ask them about the potential to order a larger quantity at a discount. The shop could potentially buy materials in bulk and pass on the discount to you.
If you are a resident of Colorado, then you are no stranger to snow. As a homeowner, you likely have your own preferred snow removal method that you use on your driveway and your sidewalks, and when winter starts to … Continue reading →
If you are a resident of Colorado, then you are no stranger to snow. As a homeowner, you likely have your own preferred snow removal method that you use on your driveway and your sidewalks, and when winter starts to close in on you, you already have a plan for getting up early to make sure that the snow and ice is shoveled and you are ready to go to work. You make sure that your sprinkler system is blown out and turned off well before the first frost, and all of the garden beds are mulched for the winter. You put time and effort into caring for the ground around your home, but what about the roof of your home? Your roof is the first line of defense between the weather and you and your family. It keeps the rain and snow and cold away and locks the heat in so that you are safe and warm.
The roof of a house takes quite a beating in Colorado. If it is not dealing with the extra months of snow that we get every spring, then it is the high gusts of wind and hail storms that we get in the late summer. Roofing contractors often find that they replace more roofs that are due to weather damage in Colorado than most other areas where they simply age and wear out. While there are some types of weather that we have no control over (I’m looking at you, tornadoes and hail!) There are other preventative measures that we can take so make sure that we are extending the life of our roofing for as long as possible.
If you are in an area that tends to see consistent snow every winter, then think about installing a snow retention system. This will help prevent snow from falling from a higher section of roof to a lower one, where it can pile up and sit there long enough to do damage to your roof shingles. This can also help prevent ice dams, which is when snow is trapped on a roof and melts and then freezes over and over again. The constant changes in the Colorado weather make this very likely to happen, and as water freezes and melts, it expands and contracts on the surface of the roof. This can cause warping, wearing and tearing of the roof shingles as it goes through those changes. It is also a prime situation for leaks to begin to work their way into your home.
In the late summer months when we start to see the intense hail storms roll in, many roofing companies recommend having a professional out to inspect your roof afterwards to see if there was any damage. Many companies will work with your insurance company to make this a low cost inspection. This is a good idea because they can then pinpoint exactly when the damage occurred, which will make it easier to submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement.
If you are ready to dive into the fun world of electric bikes, then get ready for a whole new take on cycling! Just like purchasing a traditional bike, selecting the right ebike for you can be intimidating. There are … Continue reading →
If you are ready to dive into the fun world of electric bikes, then get ready for a whole new take on cycling! Just like purchasing a traditional bike, selecting the right ebike for you can be intimidating. There are so many different makes and models and styles and it can all feel like a bit much for the beginner. When you start shopping for your new electric bike, it may be tempting to just purchase the first one that you see in order to avoid all of the mess of shopping around, but in order to make sure that you really benefit from your purchase, you want to make sure that you are making an informed decision. You do not have to a be a bike mechanic or bike expert to select the right Ebike for yourself, but there are a few basic things you should know that will help you make a good purchase.
When you start shopping around, do not be afraid to test ride more than one bike model, or even to come back and test ride the same Ebike more than once. There are even some places that will rent out an electric bike to you for a daily rate. That way you can take your bike with you and try it out in a variety of situations to see how it feels. Small Planet Ebikes will allow you to schedule test rides through their website and many shops will allow you to test ride any bike on the floor as long as they are not too busy.
Just like with regular bikes, there is going to be a wide range of sizes and weights to choose from. There are bikes that are made out of aluminum that are incredibly lightweight and easy to lift, and they are great options for people that will likely have to carry their bikes with them up and down the stairs each day that they want to ride. They can be great options for apartment dwellers since they are so easy to navigate. There are also bikes that are made with steel frames, although these are much more rare these days, and the ultra light carbon fiber frames that are probably the lightest frames you will find, and also the most expensive. If you plan to store your bike on a hook in your garage then you want to make sure that you take the weight of the bike into account.
You will also want to think about the style that you will select for your electric bike. Would you prefer to sit more upright on the bike facing forward? In that case a cruiser might be the best style for you. If you want would rather have your center of gravity be lower, then a bike where you lean forward and put more body weight on the handlebars might be a better option. Road bikes and hybrid bikes both have styles where you leave over more and would be better options in those cases.